Wash Your Hands Properly and Avoid Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How does Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread?
Wash your hands properly! It is the key to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Germs and viruses can spread among people or stay alive on surfaces. Easy ways for Coronavirus to spread from person to person when people with unwashed hands:
- Touch their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Prepare or eat food and drinks
- Touch surface or objects
- Blow their nose, cough, or sneeze into hands and then touch other people’s hands or common objects
When should people wash their hands?
- Preparing lunch
- Using the restroom
- Blowing their nose
- Taking care of a family member
- Taking care of someone
- Blowing their nose
- Sneezing or Coughing
- Touching garbage
Washing your hands properly
This is not difficult and it is extremely important to prevent the spread. We touch many things during the day, so having clean hands is crucial.
Steps to wash your hands properly:
- Apply soap to your wet hands and turn off the water to prevent wasting water.
- Rub your hands with the soap until both hands are completely covered with soap. Make sure soap overs front and back of your hands, under your nails, all your fingers, and 4 inches of your arms near your hands.
- For at 20 seconds, rub your hands to ensure the soap works correctly.
- Rinse both hands and lower arms with clean, running water.
- Finally, dry your hands with an air dryer or a clean towel.
If you don’t have soap, use hand sanitizer
Even though soap is the best way to wash your hands, you might find yourself at a place where no soap is available. When soap is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol. Read the label, all hand sanitizers have this info on their label.
Sanitizers reduce the number of germs but do not eliminate them at 100%
- If your hands are dirty or greasy, the hand sanitizer might be ineffective.
- Most hand sanitizers do not remove pesticides or harmful chemicals from your hands
Using hand sanitizer properly
- Put some hand sanitizer on your hands
- Rub your hands
- Make sure to cover all your hands with hand sanitizer for about 30 seconds
Big City Maids cleaning service tips to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Big City Maids of Cypress knows how important having clean hands is. We hope this article helps you in case you had questions about washing your hands or using hand sanitizer. Big City Maids is ready to provide you with excellent house cleaning service in Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, and beyond.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Instagram for special offers, discounts, and updates.