Disinfecting properly will kill coronavirus (COVID-19) on the surfaces of your home. Follow these tips from the best maid service and house cleaning company in Cypress, Texas, and keep coronavirus away from your home.
Properly disinfecting will keep you, your family and friends free from coronavirus. So make sure to clean and disinfect thoroughly every room in your home.
If for any reason you fill overwhelmed, Big City Maids of Cypress is an expert house cleaning company and can take this task off your hands.
Follow all the recommended steps by the CDC and health professionals and lower the chances of getting the virus. Knowing what to do is key when it comes to prevention.
How long does Coronavirus (COVID-19) live on different types of surfaces?
The World Health Organization or WHO is still not 100% clear about this. Studies done with related viruses show that the time a virus lives on surfaces depends on several factors like temperature, humidity, and surface type.
To start, it seems food and water are coronavirus-free, which is awesome news.
- Coronavirus is more likely to live on glass, ceramics, and metal surfaces like doorknobs up to 5 days.
- Wood furniture and other wooden surfaces hold the virus alive up to 4 days.
- Stainless steel like refrigerators, stoves, and other appliances hold the virus up to 3 days.
- Plastic which we have tons around the home holds the virus for up to 3 days as well.
- Cardboard does not hold on to the virus as much, it can live on cardboard for up to 24 hours.
- Aluminum holds the virus up to 5 days…but this depends on several factors.
How can I clean and disinfect different surfaces at home?
Avoiding the spread of coronavirus starts with us. In order to protect our family, we must clean and disinfect properly. Disinfecting tables, computers, chairs, doorknobs, phones, tablets, countertops, and other frequently touched surfaces will eliminate the virus, thus preventing the spread. Disinfecting is recommended to be done several times a day.
There are many disinfectants in the market, make sure that the products have at least 70% alcohol for best results.
DIY Disinfectants within CDC Guidelines
How can I make my own disinfectant at home? Here are some options backed by the CDC.
• 75 ml or ⅓rd cup sterile distilled or boiled cold water • 175ml 3/4th cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol
• 500 ml or 2 cups sterile distilled or boiled cold water • 2 tbsp of Bleaching powder
• 1 cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol • 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide • ¼ cup, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon (or 85 milliliters) of sterile distilled or boiled cold water
Dettol Method 4
• 500 ml or 2 cups sterile distilled or boiled cold water • 1.6 tbsp of Dettol
Method to clean fruits & vegetables
• 500 ml or 2 cups sterile distilled or boiled cold water • ½ cup of distilled white vinegar
Hire a Trained Maid Service in Cypress, Texas to Disinfect
Hopefully, our tips can help you stay away from Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our lives have not been the same since this pandemic came into our lives. It has been months since we have been able to go out and have a nice family dinner at The Shack Burger Resort Cypress Rosehill, Frio Grill in Cypress, or Gringo’s Mexican Kitchen. If you are too busy or overwhelmed to clean, allow us to take that task off your hands by booking online with us.
As a friendly reminder, Big City Maids serves Houston, Cypress, Katy, The Woodlands, Tomball, and beyond. Our house cleaning service is top-notch, you will be 100% satisfied.