Hygiene is a very important aspect of creating a healthy home environment, so regular cleaning is a must. People who don’t have time to deal with this themselves often decide to hire cleaning service in Houston, TX. This is a fine way to prevent some unwanted hygiene issues, such as moldy carpets in your home, dirty and dingy bathroom, or dusty living room.
Checking for mold is probably not among your usual habits, but it’s a good way to know if your home is clean and mold-free. Mold can affect many areas throughout your home, so you should wash the shower curtains, scrub tiles and clean carpets every once in a while.
How long does it take for mold to grow on wet carpet?
Any type of excess water in a home can lead to the appearance of mold. Mold growth is not completely predictable as it depends on several different factors. This is why sometimes it will take longer for it to appear, so you may not notice it as soon as it does, especially in the areas that are out of sight.
Under ideal conditions, mold can appear in a day or two after your carpet has become wet. The carpet can become a great breeding ground for mold, providing all the necessary conditions. However, since not all types of mold are dangerous to the same extent, it might take some of them over two weeks to produce spores.
As you can never be certain, the best way to stay ahead of it is to regularly check for signs of mold in your home and call for professional assistance as soon as you notice it.
How do you treat mold under carpet?
Before you attempt to remove mold under your carpets, bear in mind that this is something best left to experts in Houston. If you do try the following steps, remember to wear protective gear.
- Slightly dampen the area – This will prevent the spores from spreading to other places.
- Lift up the carpet – Examine the padding and flooring underneath to see if it needs replacing or can be simply thoroughly scrubbed.
- Disinfect – Mix water with bleach in 10:1 ratio, disinfect the area and rinse it thoroughly.
- Dry the area – Absorb as much water as you can and let the area dry completely over the next few days, then vacuum it.
How do you get rid of mold smell in carpet?
If you would rather not use chemicals, but still need to get rid of that musty smell from your carpets, here’s what you can do.
- Vinegar – After drying and vacuuming the area, mix white vinegar with water in 1:2 ratio and spray it over the carpet to absorb the odor.
- Baking soda – It can neutralize almost any smell and the good news is that it’s completely harmless to carpets and pets.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Mix water with hydrogen in 5:1 for remedying the odor and killing mold spores.
- Foam carpet shampoo – Put a good amount on the affected area, rub it in with a sponge, and vacuum after letting it dry for about 20 minutes.
Call Big City Maids for unrivaled cleaning service in Houston, TX
The hectic everyday life can take most of your time without any being left for cleaning. Luckily, you can always call Big City Maids to handle all your cleaning tasks while you enjoy yourself at The Vintage Park. We will make sure all the germs have been eradicated and reduce the risk of mold growth in your home.
Our trustworthy cleaners have been thoroughly screened and have the necessary training for an impeccable job. All you have to do is contact us!