If it seems your household is cluttered and dusty all the time, you might need to start cleaning your home efficiently. If you feel you don’t have time to do it yourself, you can always find house cleaning services in Spring, TX. But in case you want to motivate yourself to clean, read on for some useful tips.
How can I declutter my house fast?
Clutter is never a good thing as it can disrupt your daily routine and make your home look even messier than it really is. You need to clear it first so you can go on to other cleaning chores, such as removing stains from a countertop. Here’s what you need to do.
- Get rid of junk – Throw away any leftover thrash and fill other bags with things that are useless to you now. Junk can build up quickly if you don’t pay attention and get rid of it regularly.
- Do it area by area – Trying to tackle the whole household at once can discourage even the neatest of persons, so do it room by room. Bathrooms will require plenty of effort, but don’t try to remove black mold yourself. Don’t forget the living room and kitchen as areas of high traffic.
- Donate clothes – Go through your wardrobe and think about when was the last time you’ve worn certain pieces of clothing. If you can’t remember, maybe it’s time to admit you don’t need those items and donate them.
- Don’t buy things you don’t need – This includes not only clothes, but also every other item which doesn’t have a place or purpose in your home. This way, you won’t need to throw out as much junk later on.
- Declutter as you go – This is perhaps the most important advice, as even a little regular effort will have a great effect in the long run. Keep an eye for things you don’t use or which are in your way and take care of them during your daily routine.
Where do I start when cleaning my house?
You are just about to start cleaning and find yourself overwhelmed by the mess, so you give up and go to Old Town Spring instead. You can avoid procrastinating by having a well-thought plan which will help you tackle all crucial areas. After you’ve finished decluttering, here are the following steps.
- Dishes and laundry – Get the dirty stuff in the washing machine so the cycle can be finished while you tackle the rest of the house. Also, clean any dirty dishes or put them in the dishwasher so you can clean the other areas in your home.
- Dust – The two golden rules to use are cleaning top to bottom and left to right. This way, you’ll always know where you need to go next. For dusting, use dampened cloths and glass cleaners on microfibers. Don’t forget the tops of all the furniture, picture frames, windowsills, and tv screens.
- Vacuum – Remember to go through all the floors in the house and don’t forget to vacuum upholstered furniture as well.
- The rest – After the household has been decluttered, dusted and vacuumed, all that is left are some finishing touches. Mop some areas if they require it, freshen up the furniture and remember the routine for next time.
Call Big City Maids for astonishing cleaning services in Spring, TX
If you find household cleaning chores tedious and cumbersome, just call Big City Maids. We will gladly tackle all areas which need cleaning and will only rest after they are absolutely impeccable. Not only will we save you time and energy, but we also offer a satisfaction guarantee. Book a cleaning today and see the results for yourself!