The kitchen is one of the most used places in every home and as such, it requires plenty of cleaning. Not everyone has the time to regularly clean kitchen counters and other areas, so they seek help from trusted experts in cleaning service in Spring, TX. If you’re too depressed to clean, you should let the pros handle the cleaning while you take care of yourself. Otherwise, here are some useful tips for cleaning kitchen counters.
How do you deep clean kitchen counters?
The best way to avoid the need for deep cleaning is to form a few useful habits. Deep cleaning kitchen counters is not as demanding as removing black mold from the bathroom, but it can be challenging if constantly postponed.
- Refinish countertops – If your countertop cannot seem to shine no matter how hard and often you clean it, maybe it’s time to refresh it by refinishing it.
- Know the material – Depending on the countertop material, you will require different cleaning solutions.
- Get organized – Before the cleaning process, declutter the house so you have easy access to all necessary areas, including the kitchen.
- Make a schedule – Create a cleaning schedule that suits you and then stick to it for the best results.
- Natural solutions – Green cleaning solutions can be a great substitute for chemicals, especially in the eating area.
- Remove the spills – Spills happen very often, but the key thing is to deal with them immediately before the countertop stains.
Does vinegar disinfect kitchen counters?
Vinegar is often hailed as a great natural solution for cleaning your home. It’s affordable, very versatile and has no toxic chemicals like other cleaning products. The good news is that it can be used for cleaning kitchen counters.
All you have to do is spray the white vinegar onto the counter and then wipe it away with a clean cloth. For additional effect, you can mix baking soda with warm water and scrub the surface. However, mind the countertop material, as not all surfaces can be cleaned with the same solutions.
How do you remove stains from a countertop?
Stain removal can be really tough without proper preparation, so here’s how the type of countertop material determines which cleaning agents should be used.
- Marble: This is a truly elegant material, but it requires proper and careful maintenance. The best approach is to clean it daily with a mixture of mild dish soap and warm water. If stains appear, wipe them gently with a solution made of soap and some baking soda.
- Granite: Again, a warm soapy solution is recommended for most stains. However, a baking soda paste can be applied, covered with a plastic wrap and then left to sit overnight. Afterward, rinse the surface with warm water.
- Concrete: It should be sealed to prevent stains and damage. If a spill happens, soak a cotton ball in bleach, press it down with a solid object and let it sit for up to ten minutes.
- Laminate: This material is very durable, but you need to be careful not to damage it with heat. Clean any residue with a baking soda and water paste.
Big City Maids is a spectacular cleaning service in Spring, TX
If you find yourself lacking the time to properly clean your home, simply call Big City Maids. Our certified cleaners are up for any task and we guarantee you will be satisfied with the results. In the meantime, you can enjoy the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion with your friends and family.
Booking is easy and can be done at any time, so you are only a few clicks away from a sparkling home. Let us give you the gift of free time and spotless home!