Is cleaning your bathroom and kitchen tiles the least favorite part of your cleaning routine? We are sure that you’re absolutely aware that keeping the ceramic tile surfaces clean and shiny makes an awful lot of difference in the sense that the whole house looks so much refreshed, but it’s such a tiring chore.
There’s no need to worry about the state of your tiles because our remarkable house cleaning services in Houston TX are here to tackle any cleaning endeavor in your stead, including dusting all surfaces and keeping your area rugs fresh. Yet, if you are not that reluctant and want to polish your tiles in person, our practical tips are here to make your life easier. Just keep reading!
How do you clean dirty tiles?
All types of flooring require constant and proper care and tiles aren’t any different. The key is to pay attention to the following:
- Sweep or vacuum clean often. It’s up to you whether you’ll use a broom or vacuum cleaner, but those food crumbs and loose dirt have to be removed regularly. Just be careful not to leave scratches – use soft brooms and manage the vacuum cleaner carefully.
- Mop with warm water. If this is not enough, add a little bit of dish soap or a vinegar solution – a mixture of one half cup vinegar and a gallon of water. You’re gonna love the prompt effects of this eco-friendly cleaning agent!
- Pay close attention to the grout. Grout is porous so it easily absorbs dirt, grease, and other materials. It’s best to spray it with an adequate grout cleaner. For deep stains, allow the cleaner to sit for a few minutes, then scrub with an old toothbrush.
How do you remove stains from bathroom tiles?
Stains and mold on your bathroom tiles can really get in the way between you and your dream of a perfectly clean bathroom, but don’t give up that dream because it becomes reality when you take advice from us. As they are caused by various types of bacteria and you can never completely fight bacteria off, the trick is in stopping them before they cause stains and mold. Do the following to keep your bathroom tiles stain-free:
- Ventilate the bathroom as often as possible because bacteria enjoy humid places and moisture.
- Wipe at least weekly with a specialized cleaning product. These products are usually made from natural ingredients safe for all types of tiles.
- Use a solution of 75% baking soda and 25% bleach for stubborn stains. Don’t forget to wear protective gloves when scrubbing.
- Borrow from the kitchen: vinegar solution or a few drops of cooking oil will do miracles for your bathroom tiles! Just remember to rinse completely.
How do you restore shine to ceramic tile?
You might do a great job keeping your ceramic tiles clean, but they still may look dull and lack shine. Luckily, there are many options to put that shine back, such as applying a high gloss tile sealer to get a little extra shine. Just test it out on a sample tile to make sure it bonds well. You’ll need to strip and reapply the sealer for long-lasting results because it fades over time. Alternatively, you can use club soda to provide a shiny finish for your tiles.
Bear in mind that if you have glazed ceramic tiles, you actually shouldn’t polish them. If you damage the glaze, there isn’t much you can do other than replace that tile.
Hire matchless house cleaning services in Houston Tx
If you don’t have the time and energy needed to make your tiles shine, don’t despair! Book with Big City Maids and forget about your cleaning worries. Instead, revise a history and art lesson as you take a ride to the Sam Houston Monument while we’re doing all the cleaning your place needs. Call us now and get the spotless home you deserve!